2017-2018 PTSA Leadership Drive
The Dodgen PTSA is looking for members interested in serving as committee chairs and co-chairs for the 2017-2018 school year. Responsibilities and time commitments vary widely. We have roles that can be filled exclusively from home, some that require frequent visits to Dodgen during the school day, and everything in between.
Some of the roles we are looking to fill for next year are:
- Copy Crew Co-Chair - This co-chair will learn to train copy crew members and organize their schedules and take over the chair role this spring. This person will usually be at school for one shift every two weeks, with a few extra shifts at the beginning of the school year to train new members.
- Environmental Education Chair -This chair works with the Dodgen Environmental Club to Keep Dodgen Green.
- Exceptional Children Chair - This person will act as a liaison to the Cobb Special Education Parent Mentors and will promote inclusion for Exceptional Children at the PTSA's events and programs. This is an ideal role for someone with student(s) who have an IEP who is interested in promoting opportunities and resources to other parents.
- Education & Literacy Chair - This position has been vacant and is in need of someone eager to enhance educational opportunities available at Dodgen. This is a priority in the Georgia PTA organization and will be an area of focus in the year ahead.
- Hospitality Co-Chair - Make arrangements for refreshments for various events throughout the year. The current chair is looking for an apprentice to learn during 2017-2018 and take over the role in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Staff Appreciation Event Chair -This person will plan the Staff Back to School Breakfast, Bus Driver Appreciation Breakfasts, and teacher dinners during Open Houses.
- Red Ribbon Week Co-Chair - This co-chair will help organize Red Ribbon Week activities, which usually takes place in October. The current chair is looking for an apprentice to learn during 2017-2018 and take over the role in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Honoring Our Heroes Co-Chair - This co-chair will help organize the Honoring Our Heroes essay contest. The chair is looking for an apprentice to learn during 2017-2018 and take over the role in the 2018-2019 school year.
PTSA volunteers at Dodgen have a positive impact! You can donate a little or a lot of time and volunteer on campus or from home. Take a look at our volunteer sign up sheet and find a job that suits you.
2017-2018 volunteer opportunities can be viewed through your