8th Grade News and Information
POPE RISING 9TH GRADERS:
Please review your student’s core recommended classes for next year. Waivers to change the level of a class will be available after spring break and due by April 27. You may pick the waiver form up in the Dodgen Counseling Office or the Dodgen Front Office after Spring Break. Please return them to the Dodgen Counseling office by April 27.
Also, please have a discussion with your student regarding elective choices. On their elective registration form, students will choose in rank order, 5 electives. A number “1” will be their very first choice for an elective. Number 2 will be the second choice for an elective, and so on. Consider that your student may end up with any of the 5 choices he/she selects and will be committed to those electives.
Think carefully about what you choose!
Many other registration questions are answered in the Pope Registration FAQ HERE.
High School Transition Activities
Click here for a schedule of Pope & Walton high school transition activities.
8TH GRADE SPRING DANCE
School Dress Code applies.
- School dress code rules
- Attire is Dressy Casual (NOT Formal).
- Rear of the school at the bus portal.
- Rows of cones will designate several lines allowing quicker drop-off.
- PLEASE watch for students crossing!
- There is no parking in the rear bus lots.
- For parent volunteers working at the dance, you may park in the front lot and escort students inside via the front doors.
- Please do not expect to take pictures at the school. There will be a photo booth at the dance.
- Students will not be allowed to have cellphones out at the dance. We understand students may use cellphones to call you for location during pick-up.
- School dress code rules will be enforced at the dance.
- Please plan for shoes to stay on.
Pick up after Dance
- A map for dance pick-up is posted on the Dodgen website.
- Traffic will be one-way.
- Exiting traffic will divide into two lanes; the left lane will be left turn only and the right lane right turn only, onto Bill Murdock road.